"I’ve made you into a cure, I’ve emulated you.
I’ve torn up some of my poems, and procured new ones.
And if I’ve passed too quickly from one situation to the next—
Not because of blood, not fatally—but through a kind of companionability,
Now, at last, I’m the strength there is in numbers."
-Edip Cansever, from "Sky-Meaning I"
Translated from the Turkish by Julia Clare Tillinghast and Richard Tillinghast
- elvedon likes this
- kdecember likes this
- futurelonelycatlady likes this
- peachkellipop likes this
- stumblemouth likes this
- amorremanet likes this
- lilyduschene reblogged this from applepieskies
- lilyduschene likes this
- applepieskies reblogged this from ahuntersheart
- applepieskies likes this
- vintovnik reblogged this from ahuntersheart
- awritersruminations likes this
- ahuntersheart posted this